CAMPO developed a Regional Arterials Concept Inventory to provide mobility choices that are safe, convenient, reliable, and efficient. Arterials are roadways that connect to freeways, local streets, and destinations. This inventory builds on local planning efforts and takes a regional focus on these roadways that serve as major corridors and a vital role in connecting people and places.
This inventory also includes information gathered through the MoKan/Northeast Subregional Plan.
The Capital Area’s world-class regional arterial network provides a broad set of transportation choices that improves multi-modal and inter-modal mobility, that are safe, convenient, reliable, resilient, and efficient. They will also promote equitable prosperity, region-wide connectivity, economic development, and healthy communities.
- Improve safety for arterial road users.
- Improve network efficiency and flexibility to reduce travel times and distance.
- Plan for growth more effectively.
- Design multi-modally to provide more transportation choices to move people and goods.
- Protect and preserve the environment.
- Economy, Equity, and Health:
- Foster a system that promotes prosperity and vitality for our region.
Public outreach began in the spring of 2018 and ended in the summer of 2019, with a total of 27 meetings to share information and gather input from members of the public. Meetings were held across the CAMPO region to ensure representative responses were gathered from the diverse six-county area.
Regional Planning Manager